Underwater, the true Caribbean world opens up to both experienced and beginning divers. Our diving is done in 5 distinct locations; Boca Chica Bay, La Caleta Underwater National Park, Catalina Island, Saona Island and the fresh water cave. Regular dive schedule starts at 8:30 am with two trips a day and a night dive. We can tailor your dive vacation or training to meet your vacation schedule.
Trips to destinations further away, (Catalina and Saona Islands) are via bus transportations and charted boats.
We offer scuba diving courses for beginners according to CMAS, ISDA and PADI guidelines.
Dive Schedule: 9:30AM, 3:30PM + Night.
This variety of scuba diving sites is offered by Ocean Diving, the only dive operator with a dock for easy access to and from the dive boats located on the premises of Don Juan Beach Resort.
Enjoy La Caleta Underwater National Park with the well-known wrecks Hickory and Captain Alcina described articles published by Rodale’s Scuba Diving magazine as the best of the Caribbean. Other sites include incredible coral walls with black coral, coral gardens.
The fresh water caverns are described as “Yucatan class cave diving” experience. Diving trips depart from the resort’s beach front Makey Pier in a 25 foot open boats for small groups and the 35 foot inflatable Boat equipped with two 250 hp motors.
- Single Dive
- Double Dive
- Night Dive
- Four(4) Dive Package
- Ten Dive(10) Package
- Additional dives over 10
- Taina Cave Excursion (2 dives)
- Wreck Express Excursion (2 dives)
- Optional third dive on Wreck Express Excursion
- Catalina National Park Excursion (2 dives)
- Catalina National Park Snorkeling (when with divers)
- Ocean Diving Package (Taina Caves* and Wreck Express Excursions plus 6 Local Dives)
All Dives and Packages include boat / road transfer, professional guide, tanks, weights, drinks and refreshments but exclude equipment hire. All Dives and Packages are non-transferable between divers. All Excursions require a minimum of two divers to operate.
* SAFETY NOTE: Diving in the Taina caves can be hazardous. For the safety of all participants a minimum qualification level of PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent) or suitable verifiable experience in diving is required (as proven by log book entries). For all participants a local dive with Ocean Diving instructors is required prior to visiting the caves to ensure an adequate level of buoyancy control and basic diving skills.
Diving Equipment Rental (per day)
- Mask & Snorkel
- All the above
- All the above for one week (7 days)
- Torch (main)
- Torch (backup)
- Nitrox Dive (additional charge)
PAYMENT TERMS: All prices are quoted in US Dollars and may be paid in Pesos, US Dollars or Euros at the current exchange rate. All Dives, Packages and Excursions are to be paid in full prior to the start of the diving.
CANCELLATION POLICY: A full refund of any dives not carried out (pro-rata for Packages) will be given when the dives are cancelled by Ocean Diving for whatever reason. Customers with booked dives who advise Treasure Divers at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time will be entitled to re-book the dive at no extra charge. Customers failing to arrive at the scheduled departure time for a booked dive who fail to advise Treasure Divers will not be entitled to re-book the dive(s) and will not be entitled to a refund.
Diving Courses & Training
Discover SCUBA Diving (DSD)
- 1 pool session, 1 theory session, 1 dive, ½ day
- Additional Dive following DSD
- 1 pool session, 1 theory session, ½ day
- 3 pool sessions, 3 theory sessions, 2 dives, 2 days
- Upgrade from DSD to SCUBA Diver
- *SCUBA Diver Manual
Open Water Diver*
- 5 pool sessions, 5 theory sessions, 4 dives, 3½ days
- DSD to Open Water Diver Upgrade
- SCUBA Diver to Open Water Diver Upgrade
- *Open Water Diver Manual
- 3 theory sessions, 3 dives, 1 day
- *Adventure Diver Manual
Advanced Open Water*
- 5 dives – 2 days
- Adventure Diver to Advanced Open Water Upgrade
- *Advanced Open Water Manual
Emergency First Response (EFR)*
- 1 day theory and practical
- * EFR Manual
- 3 theory sessions, 4 lagoon sessions, 2 dives, 2½ days
- *Rescue Diver Manual
- *EFR or equivalent level first-aid certification required
EFR+ Rescue Diver Combined*
- 3 days
- *Rescue Diver Manual
- *EFR Manual
- 9 theory sessions, pool sessions/dives (20 approx), 2 weeks
- *Divemaster Manual